24.8.09

want shiny hair? egg bomb it!


I recently gave the 'egg bomb' a try, a special hair treatment I discovered on my beloved Makeup Alley. The recipe says to leave it on for 30 minutes, but I got caught on a business call and an hour later I was still beehived into this concoction. But the egg didn't cook, and once washed and dried, my hair is shiny and soft and healthier looking that it has been in a long time!

Here's the recipe:
Whisk together 2 tablespoons olive oil and 1 teaspoon honey. In a separate bowl, beat the yolk of one egg. Mix the oil/honey emulsion with the egg and saturate your hair. Since I have a lot of long hair, I doubled the recipe--that made the perfect amount to completely saturate my hair. Leave the whole mixture on for 30 minutes. After 30 minutes, rinse in cool water; then shampoo and condition as usual.

2 comments:

  1. Im am doing this tonight! I heard rinsing with Apple Cider Vinegar makes hair shiny too...and its does...but you smell like adobo for the rest of the day. This seems much more practical and kinder to the nose.

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pleasure :) I hope that it works well for you!

    ReplyDelete